Sponsored or not, Peyton Manning's mention of Budweiser as his beer of choice in an interview immediately following the Broncos' Super Bowl victory made an impact on a number of people. In response to the mention, Anheuser-Busch had 50 cases of Budweiser sent to a Broncos after party, according to ESPN.
The Brewers Association, on the other hand, put together a care package of 10 carefully selected craft beers, in hopes of finding the quarterback another post-game refreshment of choice.
The Brewers Association says, "Since Peyton happens to play in one of the most beer-centric states in the nation, we made sure to include a good number of beers that were local to Colorado in addition to a few other classic and approachable options from around the country."
Six of the beers included in the package were brewed in Colorado, and one just two hours away from Levi’s Stadium on northern California, where Manning helped the Broncos win Super Bowl 50 on Sunday.
Craft Beer program director at the Brewers Association, Julie Hertz, wrote a letter that was included in the care package, according to CBS Sports. It read, "To help you celebrate, we wanted to share some craft beers from the over 4,100 small and independent craft brewers in Colorado and beyond. These indie brewers represent the ethic and integrity that makes our country so great and are also worthy of support. We've included a variety of choices for you to enjoy."
Here are the beers, via the Brewers Association:
- Black Bavarian (German-style Schwarzbier) | Sprecher Brewing Co. | Glendale, Wisconsin
- Apricot Blonde (Blonde Ale) | Dry Dock Brewing Co. | Aurora, Colorado
- Craft Lager (American Lager) | Upslope Brewing Co. | Boulder, Colorado
- Colorado Kolsch (German-style Kolsch) | Steamworks Brewing Co. | Durango, Colorado
- Racer 5 IPA (India Pale Ale) | Bear Republic Brewing Co. | Healdsburg, California
- Samuel Adams Boston Lager (Vienna-style Lager) | Boston Beer Co. | Boston
- Mojo IPA (India Pale Ale) | Boulder Beer Co. | Boulder, Colorado
- Sawtooth Ale Nitro (Extra Special Bitter) | Left Hand Brewing Co. | Longmont, Colorado
- Session Cream Summer Ale (Cream Ale) | Full Sail Brewing Co. | Hood River, Oregon
- Graham Cracker Porter (American Porter) | Denver Beer Co. | Denver
Uproxx is careful to note, however, that Manning owns shares in Anheuser-Busch distributorships.